How do I choose an attorney?
If you’re like most people who’ve been injured in an accident, personal injury law is unfamiliar to you. That’s why it’s important to find a personal injury lawyer who has experience and who will be reliable and professional in handling your case. Here are just some of the many things a personal injury lawyer can do for you:
- Investigate your case
- Deal with insurance companies and opposing counsel
- Interview witnesses
- Collect information, including police reports, medical records and reports, and medical bills
- Handle the maze of paperwork necessary to resolve your claim
- Research current law
Moreover, not all lawyers are alike. Some factors to consider:
- Board Certification.
- Honest and ethical reputation.
- Will lawyer listen to you and does the lawyer care about you?
- Does lawyer explain the law to you and discuss resolving your case in a clear concise manner?
- Will lawyer communicate regularly with you and return your phone calls, to keep you up-to-date on all settlement offers and developments in your case?