David W. Holub
David W. Holub was admitted to practice before the Indiana State and U.S. Federal District Courts, Southern and Northern Districts of Indiana in 1982. He was admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of the United States in 1995. He is also admitted to practice before the U.S. Federal District Court in the Northern District of Illinois, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit.
Education: Olivet College (B.A. Magna Cum Laude, 1979); Valparaiso University (J.D. 1982). Associate Editor, Valparaiso University Law Review, 1981-1982.
Publications and Presentations:
- Speaker, Insurance Coverage Litigation Boot Camp (NBI, November, 2021).
- Speaker, Insurance Coverage Litigation: Secrets Insurance Companies Don’t Want Attorneys to Know (NBI, December, 2019).
- Speaker, Civil Trial: Everything You Need to Know (NBI, August, 2019).
- Speaker, Civil Trial From Start to Finish (NBI, December, 2018).
- Author, Fighting For Truth: A Trial Lawyer’s Insight Into What It Takes To Win Amazon (July, 2018).
- Seminar Moderator, What Civil Court Judges Want You to Know (NBI, October, 2017).
- Co-Author (with Katelyn Holub), Television and Furniture Tip-Over Cases, 38 Verdict 2 (2017).
- Speaker, Television and Furniture Tip Over Claims (ITLA, May 2017).
- Speaker, Proving Pain, Suffering, and More in Personal Injury Litigation (NBI, Sept. 2016).
- Speaker, Advanced Issues in Personal Injury Litigation (NBI, December 2014).
- Speaker, Advanced Civil Litigation Skills in Indiana (NBI, Sept. 2015).
- Speaker, In the Trenches: Hearsay, Email, Business Records and Social Media (NBI, August, 2014).
- Speaker, Litigating Insurance Coverage Claims from Start to Finish (NBI, December, 2012).
- Speaker, Medicare Set-Asides in Personal Injury Litigation (NBI, October, 2011).
- Speaker, The Ambulance Intersection Case (ITLA, April 2010).
- Author, Preparing Dog Bite Cases, 28 Verdict 3 (2007).
- Author, The Rescue Doctrine, 30 Verdict 1 (2008).
- Co-author, Indiana Not-for-Profit Corporations: Standing to Maintain a Derivative Suit on Behalf of the Corporation, a Member’s Suit to Enforce Membership Rights or a Citizen’s Suit to Enforce Performance of Charitable Obligations, 25 Valparaiso University Law Review 249 (1991)
- Co-Author, Latent Heart Injury Following Vehicular Impact or Other Blunt Chest Trauma, 35 The Trial Lawyer’s Guide 3 (Callaghan 1991).
- Author, The Contributory Negligence Defense as Applied Against Children in Indiana, 16 Valparaiso University Law Review 319-359 (1982).
Memberships: Lake County and Indiana State Bar Associations; The Association of Trial Lawyers of America; Indiana Trial Lawyers Association; The National Trial Lawyers; The American Association for Justice; “The Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum – The Top Trial Lawyers in America.” ™
Certifications: Board Certified by the National Board of Trial Advocacy as a Civil Trial Advocate (1996).
- Notable Cases
- Specific Medical Conditions
- National Board of Trial Advocacy (NBTA)
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- The National Trial Lawyers
- The American Association for Justice