Jasper County Car Accident Lawyer
Being involved in a car accident can be stressful and bothersome. Waiting for the police, exchanging information with the other party, and making arrangements based on the severity of the accident can throw off your whole day. However, as busy as you may be, it is always recommended to collect as much information as possible while the accident is still fresh. In doing so, you will save yourself a lot of trouble later when you need to recover damage costs or compensate for medical bills. Here are some suggestions to keep in mind if you ever find yourself in a Jasper County car accident.
Immediately After the Accident:
• If someone gets injured, call the police immediately and ask for medical help. Some insurance companies refuse to cover an accident without an accident report from the police.
• Take pictures of everything. Your car, the other cars involved, the accident scene, and surrounding environment.
• Ask for the full names and contact information of all those involved including drivers, pedestrians and eye witnesses.
• Note the weather condition and extent of damage.
• Try to determine if any of the damage on the other car involved was present before the accident (i.e. non-functional brake and tail lights).
• Write down the license plate numbers, make and color of the vehicles involved.
• Get the insurance status of the drivers and vehicles involved.
Call a Jasper County Car Accident Lawyer
Once the relevant information has been obtained, injuries have been cared for, and the police report has been filed, you should consider calling a Jasper County car accident lawyer. Whether your damages were significant or slight, having an accident attorney’s guidance and legal knowledge in your corner could prove very useful should you decide to pursue damage compensation from the other party/parties involved.
For example: did you know that in Indiana, the time limit for filing a personal injury lawsuit is two years? And did you know that you may go to court if you cannot settle a property damage or injury claim? Your Jasper County car accident lawyer will fill you in on all of these details and ensure you follow the right procedures to file your claim. They will also examine the information you collected after the accident and determine the correct amount of compensation you deserve. You could collect on everything from medical bills, car shop repairs, and car rentals to wages lost due to the accident.
Should you or someone you know need the help of a skilled Jasper County car accident lawyer, contact the Law Offices of David W. Holub immediately after the accident. Holub’s team of experienced and dedicated attorneys are ready to fight for your rights as a Jasper County citizen and get you the compensation you deserve.