It is not uncommon for tubes that are placed to assist in feeding, breathing, or for other reasons, to be misplaced in the body. Tubes that are properly placed to assist in eating and breathing are necessary to modern medicine. When these tubes are misplaced or improperly handled, serious damage or death can result. Endotracheal tubes are inserted into the mouth and run down the windpipe, or trachea, to help patients breathe. An improperly placed tube can result in aspiration of stomach contents. Feeding tubes are tubes that doctors place into the stomach by either going through the mouth or nose, or directly through the skin over the abdomen into the stomach. When properly placed, these tubes permit the feeding of a patient with a liquid diet. When misplaced into the colon or elsewhere serious injury can result.
There are techniques that can be used that are nearly fool proof, so there is rarely an excuse for a misplaced feeding or breathing tube. Doctors or nurses who mishandle feeding or endotracheal tubes can be, and should be, held legally responsible if serious injury results. If you or a loved one has been subjected to injury as a result of a misplaced endotracheal or feeding tubes, you should contact an attorney. We are available to take your call at any time.
Disclaimer: Advertising Material. No legal advice is being rendered and no liability is assumed in connection with information provided. Information contained in or linked to this website regarding past litigation results must NOT be considered predictive of future success. For the methodology used to confer a noted award or accolade, please go to the website of the issuing organization. Awards and accolades using a superlative (e.g. super or best) are not meant to imply that attribute, but rather to convey the name of the issuing organization. No court has approved any aspect of this website or linked pages. E-mail, chat or info request links may not be secure. We do not endorse and are not responsible for linked content. We disclaim liability for damage due to a virus or malware acquired via this website or a link.